The Key Stage 3 programme runs from Year 7 to Year 9. The academic
programme is based on the English National Curriculum, but is not bound by its constraints. Instead, we apply the most appropriate elements and enhance the curriculum where necessary to provide an innovative, challenging and creative programme that is crucial in laying the foundation of core knowledge, skills and understanding required to embark on the IGCSE programme. Lessons and materials are adapted to our international and local context.
The curriculum aims to ensure that our children become well rounded leaders for the future; children that grow into:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- Confident individuals who are able to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who make a contribution to society
In order to meet the interests and needs of individual students, as well as the changing demands and challenges society poses, there is a need to support children in a number of core areas. Our Key Stage 3 Curriculum has a strong emphasis on functional skills such as:
- Literacy (specifically reading, writing, speaking, listening in English)
- ICT and digital literacy
There is also an emphasis on developing approaches to learning linked to:
- Collaboration and interdependence
- Critical thinking
- Creativity and resourcefulness
Students develop this core knowledge and skills through a broad and balanced curriculum composed of a range of subject areas including Languages (First and Second), Humanities, Sciences, Maths, Arts and Sports.